Pismo Beach, Avila Beach and Santa Barbara are three of the host cities chosen to represent the state during the Amgen Tour of California next May.
The host cities were announced Monday for what will mark the tenth year of America's largest cycling race.
Stage 5 has participants starting in Santa Barbara and riding to Santa Clarita. Both cities have hosted the event six times.
Stage 4 will take the riders from Pismo Beach to Avila Beach—a rather short distance for a stage that's not a designated time trial.
Kristin Bachochin is with AEG, the company presenting the race. She says they can't reveal just yet which SLO County communities could be included during Stage 4 in addition to Pismo and Avila, as that information is still in the planning process.
"We're busy collaboratively pulling together that route right now, which we'll announce in the next couple of months," said Bachochin.
Next year's race starts in Sacramento on May 10th and wraps up in Pasadena on May 17.
- Stage 1: Sunday, May 10 – Sacramento
- Stage 2: Monday, May 11 – Nevada City to Lodi
- Stage 3: Tuesday, May 12 – San Jose
- Stage 4: Wednesday, May 13 – Pismo Beach to Avila Beach
- Stage 5: Thursday, May 14 – Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita
- Stage 6: Friday, May 15 – Big Bear Lake (Individual Time Trial)
- Stage 7: Saturday, May 16 – Ontario to Mt. Baldy
- Stage 8: Sunday, May 17 – L.A. LIVE (Downtown Los Angeles) to Pasadena