-
The Jon B. Lovelace Collection of California Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America Project./Library of CongressA new report offers a clearer picture of how agriculture shapes San Luis Obispo County’s economy—from strawberry fields and vineyards to wineries and local businesses.
-
The City of San Luis Obispo is moving forward with a round of protections for mobile home owners. The City Council unanimously agreed on new restrictions that would cap rent on parking spaces when mobile homes are sold to a new owner.
-
Exceptions to the closure order are in place for firefighters, as well as for land owners and residents who are not currently under an evacuation order.
-
“It's just a better way, an enhanced way, for us to provide the services we do for families that are unhoused in our community,” said Wendy Lewis, ECHO’s CEO.
-
A large oak tree in Downtown San Luis Obispo is standing in the way of the new Repertory Theatre’s construction zone. The city approved cutting it down early this year, but a team of Cal Poly experts now believe there may be another option.
-
The Big Sur coastline is known for its dramatic ocean views and steep cliffs covered with redwoods. However, those very features can stall wildfire response.
-
Californians have another chance this week to weigh in on a federal review of how the state manages development along its coastline. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) review comes amid growing tensions between the Trump Administration and state regulators over offshore oil and other coastal projects.
-
The deadline to file as a candidate in November’s election has passed for many seats, however some local offices have an extended filing period that ends this Wednesday.
-
State Senator John Laird spoke with KCBX about Governor Gavin Newsom’s choice to not push for extending operations at the Diablo Canyon Power Plant this year.
-
At a press conference on clean energy in Oakland late last week, Newsom said he’s passing the baton to whoever takes over his role at the beginning of next year.
-
Classes start soon for students on the Central Coast, but a state law has triggered a policy change for many districts. Now, students won’t be allowed to use their cellphones during class.
-
Police Chief Christopher Williams acknowledged the technology could make errors, but said other cities have implemented it successfully.